It’s been awhile since I wrote here – little more than a month. Been meaning to (you know how that goes), and I have four million random thoughts in my head. Here are a few of them:
- I have just had the “busiest” month of my life. Not so much work-wise (that was normal), but with Ruby dying, then getting a new puppy, and having a ton of work done around the house, it’s been a solid month of little sleep and constant “stuff” going on. I’m 44 – I’m not into a lot of “stuff” going on. That’s as close to a “non-posting” excuse as I’ll offer.
- I’m still working on the new site. Man, being a one-guy shop can be hard when you have your own little project to do with all the client work. How the heck did I ever find the time to write two books?
- Of course, on that last note, I am always writing another book. Whether anything new ever sees the light of day is another story, but dammit, I’m still tapping keys in my downtime.
- I’m not one to share “oooh, look at this cool thing I found on the web”, but really, this little “I’ll guess who you’re thinking of” app is pretty brilliant.
- I’m an X-Box junkie. I admit it. This does not fit well with my “I have no time” complaints above 🙂
- I didn’t vote this year. I find “issues” pretty pointless these days. It’s all a lot of red / blue / the other side doesn’t get it / “gotcha” moments. If you think you are on top of things and are well informed because you watch Glenn Beck or Keith Olberman, you are mistaken.
- Expanding on that, I am “nothing” politically, really. I just don’t identify with any one person, or any particular party. I like some conservative ideas, I like some liberal ideas, I want the death penalty for murder, I like guns, I have zero problems with immigrants, I want pot legalized, and I think we’d probably be better off if we stopped bombing people.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about success lately. I am convinced that in most cases, a truly successful person does their own thing, and doesn’t copy others. I write like I write – I don’t “try” to write a certain way – I just do it, and it works. It’s like music – the Beatles, the Stones, the Doors (a million others)… they did their own thing. Phish does their own thing (and they do it well). Motley Crue and Bon Jovi did their own thing. We remember them – anyone really remember Dokken or Warrant?
Ok, that’s enough “Random Dan” for one day. I promise not to let another month go by 🙂