Here are some New Year’s resolutions for myself:
- Starting in mid 2008, I kind of became more business-focused, both in my personal writing and business demeanor. And it’s not making me happy – I feel like I’m not quite “me”. I will change that. Look for me to get a lot looser in tone / demeanor / what I write about / etc.
- As part of this change, I will probably post a little more here, but maybe some shorter posts, and not always try to say something meaningful (in a pure business sense, which is what I was trying to do.) I am also interested in personal / entrepreneurial / relationship / business success, and will talk about that a little more. I live a good, satisfying life here, and I can help others get there.
- I also like larger, macro-type issues, and I kind of struggle with this. I’m not a corporate guy, but I can help larger companies, too, because I see things they miss. But I’m not a corporate guy… it’s a paradox. I don’t know if I can do much about this, but I’ll try.
- I should take up a sport… well, maybe not. I suspect the next time I actually run, it’ll be because someone larger than me is chasing me with a meat cleaver or something. Which, happily, isn’t the norm.
- We’re going on a cruise in May. This time, I will not get drunk on sail away… Silly resolution, but necessary. I do have an excuse for last time… see, it was our first cruise, it was festive, and six bottles for the price of five (after I already had a few) sounded good. But it was also rough seas that night, and being drunk and seasick is really, really unpleasant (trust me). I was fine the next day (got my sea legs), but I’d rather not do that again.
- I will start another income stream. Right now, most of my income is tied to copywriting (books pay astonishingly little), and I want to change that to some degree. I have a few ideas, and one will surface.
- I have had trouble sleeping the last two years. But taking stuff to help me sleep is starting to bother me – I just know it’s not the optimum solution. So I will tackle this (I’m actually quite good at stuff like this – once I decide to do something, I almost always do it.) This is all in my head – when I go on vacation, I sleep fine with no help.
Ok, that’s a good list – I can live with this.
Happy New Year, everyone.