- What I Do
- Who I Help
- Writing Services
- Dan’s Blog
- Rates / Quote
The hardest part of having a website isn’t making it…
It’s knowing what to say, where to say it, and how to write it – so it converts!!
Every business website comes up against the same obstacles – What are we going to say? How should we say it? What order should our pages be in? How do we write the words for maximum effect?
Most business websites do it wrong. This book will show you how to do it WRITE! (and make you laugh at the same time.)
In Do the Web Write, I’ll show you how to turn your website from one that does nothing into one that actually brings you business.
Including how to:
- Understand where your website visitors come from, and why they are at your website.
- Effectively address your visitor’s needs by saying exactly what they want to hear.
- Setup your website’s page order for maximum effect.
- Write effective, persuasive, web copy. In fact, I will lay bare my writing knowledge, and will make you a better, more effective business writer – online and off!! Truth be told, this isn’t just the best website book you can buy, it’s also the best copywriting book you can buy (as evidenced by the meaty 20,000 word chapter on copywriting.)
- Oh… you’ll also learn that your English teacher knew nothing about business writing, and what you learned in school likely did you more harm than good (which I will undo). That’s worth the price alone.
Do the Web Write can help ANY website succeed – a new one, an existing one, a large corporation’s website, and a small business site. That’s because they all share the same principles: Just give your visitor what they are expecting in a clear, concise fashion; and persuade them to do business with you.
I wrote this in a “here’s exactly what you need, without the filler and fluff” demeanor, and with a good dose of humor (so I’m told)…. this book will help your website be the best it can be.
Here’s a testimonial:
“Excellent: Practical, Effective, Witty”
I read this book in two days! It was exactly the clear-cut practical instruction I needed to spruce up the copy on my website with confidence that it was going to make a huge difference in my conversion rates.
It includes some very easy to apply techniques to increase readability and to make my site stand out from the crowd of other sites in my niche. I keep this book handy as a reference guide when I write copy.
Reading through his book was fun and entertaining while meaty at the same time. It gave me a great sense of the author’s personal writing style and I will definitely be leveraging his talents to write several blog articles, press releases and web copy.
(review from Amazon.com)
Here’s an e-mail I recently received:
Just wanted to let you know read your book Do The Web Write. I live Australia and was able to pick up your book from the local library. I have completed a university degree in Journalism and so was caught up in the whole writing correct English etc. I just want to earn money writing for the web and I know I can write so now I am just going to do it. I was writing as if an English teacher was going to be marking me…and now I see the light..LOL..
So thank you Dan for your terrific, funny and useful book.
There are a lot more (I generally get an e-mail a week praising the book), but I don’t want to make this page too long.